What is esports?
Esports is also known as electronic sports. It is an organized video gaming industry popular worldwide, including in India. Esports is highly accessible worldwide with an internet connection from the comfort of your home. The gaming culture in the present time is a lot more than playing games. There are so many online esports apps like FanClash that host esports fantasy tournaments.
Rise of the esports industry
Although the Esports industry is still struggling to gain the same popularity as the traditional sports industry, there have been some major evolutions in the esports industry. It is the reason for the increasing popularity of the esports industry in many countries, including the USA, Japan, and China.
India is also witnessing a budding market in the esports industry. The founders of the prominent esports platforms have plans to expand this industry in the direction of the Indian Premier League, a popular cricket league in India.
Growing Interest in Esports among Indian Gamers
Accessibility to the internet is one of the major factors that pushed Indian Gamers toward the esports industry. In recent years, Indian gamers have shown that they can overcome obstacles for their love of Esports. When PUBG was banned in India, gamers started playing similar games. Many gamers do not even worry about not having gaming consoles or proper gaming hardware. They play well on their mobile phones. The digital version of mainstream sports like cricket and football are competitively played in tournaments and fantasy leagues. FanClash Esports fantasy app is driving players and gamers in India crazy.
Reasons for the growth of Esports
Here are some reasons for the growth of the Esports industry in India:
- Accessibility to the internet connection and rapid technical improvements.
- Esports platforms allow players to make real money by playing.
- Opportunity for gamers to make a full-time profession in Esports.
- The lack of entertainment outlets during Covid-19 and subsequent restrictions has turned fantasy esports into a leisure activity, particularly among college students and gamers.
Join Esports Industry
It is easy to join esports and become a pro gamer. The steps to joining Esports Fantasy are as follows:
- Step 1: You need to pick a game. The up-and-coming games are easier to play for beginners. They can help excavate the game and advance the meta.
- Step 2: After picking up the game, join the Community. It will help in a better indication of the path ahead. In the Community, players congregate, which can help beginners to interact with pro players and find the motivation to stay invested for a long time.
- Step 3: With the help of good play gears, you can start practicing. It helps novice players to understand the tricks of playing the sport.
- Step 4: Once you get better at a sport, you can find the team and start playing leagues.
Initiatives for Esports Industry
The Indian government takes many initiatives to promote the Esports Industry in India. It has taken the popularity of Esports to another level.
- Esports platform owners are leveraged to host tournaments and fantasy leagues.
- The ministry of sports in India is now a regulator of the Esports industry in India.
- Smartphones and internet connections are now affordable and accessible, which enables players to enjoy fantasy esports.
- Esports platforms like FanClash host the most anticipated tournaments, including international ones.
- Various esports fantasy contests are provided to gamers to enjoy their favorite esports.
Esports League in India
More has to be done to make esports more popular in India, including awareness about the industry. The government is also taking various initiatives to transform the esports industry, allowing Indian gamers and game developers to take the esports on the track of IPL.
A league like IPL would make sense in esports because Indians connect emotionally and financially with IPL. Like IPL, the leading brands and advertisers collaborate with Esports platforms to help their visibility and growth.
With the advent of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, the brands devise ultra-creative marketing campaigns for Esports tournaments and fantasy leagues. Some international pop stars host “in-house concerts,” increasing the esports apps’ customer base. It automatically attracts more gamers and audiences for esports tournaments and fantasy leagues.
Read more about Do Esports Have Recognition From the Government Of India?
Fantasy league for esports
Fantasy sports allow users to create a team with genuine players from different sports. The players then participate in fantasy esports, where their achievements are based on real-life performances. Like the traditional sports league in different sports, fantasy leagues for esports are also popular. Some fantasy leagues for esports include Call of Duty World League, League of Legends World Championship, The Overwatch League, PUBG Global Championship, and Fortnite World Cup.
The Esports industry is expanding in India due to the increasing demand for tournaments and leagues. Esports fantasy platform providers offer desktop and mobile applications to let participants enjoy an immersive gaming experience while supporting their favorite esports team. Many people are now also exploring career options in the esports and Esports fantasy industry.