What are Valorant ranks?
Valorant is a first-person shooter game founded by Riot Games that has become incredibly popular since its release in 2020. One of the game’s most prominent features is its ranked system, which allows players to compete against others at their skill level and earn rewards based on their performance. Valorant ranks are a system used to measure and display a player’s skill level in the game Valorant.
Valorant’s ranked system consists of eight ranks in total, divided into three tiers: Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Immortal, and Radiant. Each rank represents a skill level and requires players to earn specific ranking points to progress to the next position.
Rankings in Valorant
The ranking system establishes a player’s rank on their Matchmaking Rating (MMR), a concealed value that indicates their skill level. The MMR is used to determine the skill level of the players in a match.
Here is a breakdown of each Valorant rank:
- Iron: The lowest rank in Valorant consists of players who are relatively new to the game and still learning its mechanics.
- Bronze: The second-lowest rank, where players have a basic understanding of the game and have started to develop their skills.
- Silver: The mid-tier rank, where players understand the game well and have developed their skills.
- Gold: The tier just below the highest, where players demonstrate exceptional skill and a thorough comprehension of the game’s mechanics.
- Platinum: A high-tier rank where players have exceptional skills and knowledge of the game.
- Diamond: The second-highest rank, where players are widely acknowledged as top-tier and among the best in the game.
- Immortal: The second-highest rank places only the best players and brings them one step closer to achieving the highest level in the game.
- Radiant: The highest rank in Valorant, reserved for the top 500 players in each region who have demonstrated exceptional game skills and knowledge.
How does the ranking system in Valorant work?
Valorant allows players to climb through the ranks by earning ranking points, which the game awards for winning games and deducts for losing games. The number of ranking points a player gains or loses determined by various factors, including the difference in the team’s average MMR, individual performance in the game, and the number of rounds won or lost.
Also Read: Most Anticipated Multiplayer Mobile Games of 2023
Each rank has three sub-ranks, except for Immortal and Radiant. Once a player reaches Immortal, there are no more sub-ranks, and players’ skill levels are based solely on their MMR. The top 500 players in each region reserve the Radiant rank, and the gaming community widely regards them as the best. Players can track their progress through the ranks by viewing their rank badge on their player cards. The badge shows the player’s position, sub-rank, and progress toward the next level. The badge also indicates the player’s highest achieved rank in a particular season.
The Valorant ranking system matches players of similar skill levels to promote fair and competitive gameplay. This ensures that matches are evenly matched, and players can have a challenging yet enjoyable experience. The ranking system also gives players a sense of accomplishment and achievement as they climb through the ranks and earn rewards for their efforts.
Rank rating in Valorant
Rank rating in Valorant is a numerical value that represents a player’s skill level and determines their rank in the game. Players’ matchmaking rating (MMR) is the basis of the rank rating system, calculated according to their game performance.
In Valorant, players start with an initial rank rating of 1, which is increased or decreased based on their game performance. Winning games and performing well can increase a player’s rank rating while losing can decrease it. The amount of rank rating gained or lost depends on several factors, including the skill level of the opposing team and the player’s performance.
Players can earn promotions to higher ranks by achieving a certain rank rating threshold, and they can be demoted to lower levels if their rank rating falls below a certain point.
From iron to radiant: Secrets to ranking up in Valorant
Ranking up in Valorant requires skill, teamwork, and dedication. A few tips that can help you rank up in Valorant include:
- Play consistently: The more you play, the more chances you have to rank up. Make sure to play regularly and consistently to increase your rank rating.
- Aim for high performance: Individual performance also plays a role in ranking up. Aim for high performance in each game by getting kills, planting/defusing the spike, and winning rounds.
- Master one or two agents: Focus on mastering one or two agents that fit your playstyle. This will allow you to specialize in those agents and become more skilled with them.
- Learn Strategies and Tactics: Learn different strategies and tactics to help you win rounds. Practice other tactics and find what works best for you.
- Play with a team: Playing with a consistent team can help you build chemistry and teamwork skills, increasing your chances of winning games and ranking up.
- Win more games than you lose: Your win/loss ratio determines your rank in Valorant. Focus on winning more games, and try to perform well in each game.
Also Read: 10 Games You Don’t Want to Miss in 2023